An operations review is a quick, reliable way to identify areas of operational constraints in your business and map a solution.
OIM’s operations management consultants have developed a proven approach to conduct this review in two to four weeks. This approach has been successfully applied to improve efficiency and cost management at numerous businesses and in several sectors since 1996.
The short review analyses areas such as productivity, process unit costs, quality levels, waste and the impact of machine and labour downtime. It consists of three phases:
Once the review has been completed, OIM’s business consultants present the results, highlight the areas for improvement, recommend actions to address them and submit projected cost benefits.
THE OIM DIFFERENCE
- OIM’s operations management team has experience in both business processes and IT systems management, providing clients with a comprehensive service and depth of knowledge in these fields.
- With a track recording date back to the late 90’s, the team has experience in various industries including manufacturing, mining, retail, financial services and local government sectors. Some of the clients who’ve benefited from our operational solutions and business consulting services in South Africa are Allan Gray, Assmang Khumani Mine, Metropolitan, Meatco and Glacier by Sanlam.
- We pride ourselves in our ability to design customised operations management interventions for clients, with a proven ability to identify inefficiencies and scope relevant solutions.
- When designing these interventions, we draw on a range of methodologies and best practices to create the appropriate structures, processes and systems for effective strategy execution and operations management.
- If required, clients also have access to the expertise embedded in the rest of OIM’s specialist areas, namely organisational improvement and people management. This includes supervisory skills, leadership development and employee engagement. All of these solutions are seamlessly implemented by specialists in these areas.